HEADPHASES | REVIEWS | PHOTOGRAPHY | HYPERMAGICISM INTERNATIONAL | ABOUT | TWITTER | RSS

Saturday, August 8, 2009

My brand new 'do

Oh, hello there. I didn't see you come in. Why yes, I did change something about myself. No, not my hair, tee hee. That's right boys, it's a whole new world here. Welcome to the brand new face of The Hypermagic Headphase.

I figured it was about time to gussy this bitch up, so I'm trying to look a little more professional here. I also managed to get some pseudo-static pages to organize and keep track of all of my blogs, as well as an about page and some other useful links up there across the top. Designed the background all myself. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to single space that sidebar over there. But I'm working on it.

What is up with the complete lack of user-friendliness of Blogspot anyway? On an extremely simple level it's great, no complicated dealings to get your first blog up and running. But as soon as you want to customize something more than the background color, you have to jump through flaming hoops with this wacky half-assed html they have hidden inside this thing. And no real static pages? I had to fake my way through those things and I'm not exactly pumped about how they turned out (if I could at least get rid of the timestamp on them, I'd be exponentially more satisfied), but at least they do the job. And they're free. I was planning on converting to Wordpress or Moveable Type but both those motherfuckers charge you to edit your CSS. Ridiculous. Maybe when I get around to hosting my own site I'll upgrade to something more legit. But probably not.

The coolest new feature of this re-vamped thang is definitely the comments. You used to have to have a Google account to comment on my blog--but no more! I found the comment properties by accident while I was making my other changes, and I now made it so that anyone can have their say. So please do! It at least gives me the illusion that people other than my friend Rob are reading my blog, which is always a nice feeling. You can also subscribe to my RSS feed or follow me on Twitter if you like. Yeah, I totally gave in. Sue me.

So to those who have read thus far, thank you. To those just finding me now, welcome. I look forward to a long and bountiful life together, full of lots of love, sorrow and curse words. It's been a great two years, and there's plenty more where this shit came from. Strap in.

1 comment: